Important Information about the TEAS
Q: What is the TEAS?
A: The TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) is a multiple choice test that evaluates the following skills: math, science, reading & English. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants.
Q: What’s new about the TEAS?
A: A new version, TEAS V, is now being used at nursing programs across the county. Previous versions of the TEAS are no longer available.
Q: What does this mean for CT-CCNP applicants?
A: The CT-CCNP will begin administering the TEAS V beginning in February 2011. Effective for applicants to the CT-CCNP for the 2012-2013 academic year and beyond, we will only accept scores from TEAS V. Scores from tests taken prior to February 5, 2011 will no longer be accepted.
Q: What score do I need to be eligible for the nursing program?
A: Applicants must obtain an adjusted individual total score of 53.3% or higher on the TEAS V to be considered for admission. This new cut score was thoughtfully determined by a scientific process facilitated by ATI, the company who created the TEAS. Applicants with questions regarding this scientific method may contact ATI at email@example.com.
Q: How do I register to take the TEAS?
1. Go to www.atitesting.com (ATI works best with Internet Explorer)
2. Click on “Create an Account” underneath the Username and Password boxes.
Fill out all requested information.
4. Then log into www.atitesting.com using your chosen username and password.
5. Click on the “Online Store” link at the top right of the page. This brings you to a the ATI store.
6. Click on the “Register for TEAS” link on the left of the page. This page allows you to search all TEAS tests in the country.
7. Select “TEAS for Nursing Students” from the Program Type drop down box. Then Select, USA, CT, Winsted from the Country, State, City drop down box.
8. Then click the “Next” button.
Then click on the “Register” button for the TEAS session that you wish to attend.
9. Finally, pay the $35.00 TEAs charge by clicking the “Check Out” button.
Q: How many times can I take the TEAS?
A: Applicants may re-take the TEAS as many times as desired. The CT-CCNP will use the applicant’s highest TEAS V score when determining eligibility.
Q: Is there a book I can use to study for the TEAS?
A: The TEAS Study Manual & online practice assessments are available through www.atitesting.com. Students purchasing either of these materials should get the TEAS V version. NCCC has a copy of the TEAS V Study Package including manual and online tests available on reserve in the NCCC library.
Q: Who can I contact at the CT-CCNP if I have any questions about TEAS V?
A: Questions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.